Friday, May 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

I’m thinking of renting a unit in one of those self-storage facilities here in Barrie. It seems that we’ve been away from home so much lately that our townhouse is mostly functioning a place for storing our stuff. So why pay rent (and utilities) on it when a storage unit would just be so much cheaper? Now that we’re moving into warmer weather, we could probably even set up our bed and sleep in the unit once in a while without freezing to death!

We sure seem to have hit the ground running upon our return from the US. The first part of this week was spent in the Wycliffe office in Toronto. The regular personnel are away, so Kathy & I filled in to answer calls and welcome visitors. Then Kathy continued to help out there while I spent the last couple of days at the Biennial General Conference of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC) at the Doubletree Hotel in Toronto (since I had to be there so early in the morning, this included a pretty nice hotel room too!). The conference was basically a time for Pentecostal church leaders and overseas workers to come together to do business and network, but they also invited organizations that had links to the PAOC to set up displays highlighting their ministries and provide representatives to answer questions that anybody might have. Since Wycliffe and the PAOC recently signed a partnership agreement, we were one of those organizations and I spent Wednesday and Thursday there. It turned out to be a great way to meet pastors who otherwise would never let me, as a Wycliffe rep, through the front door of their church. I don’t mean that to sound negative; it’s just a reality due to the pressures and responsibilities these church leaders already have. More about this in our next EMU coming out on Monday.

It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, so we don’t have any presentations or speaking engagements scheduled for a change. Wow, a weekend at home! I can’t believe it! Wait a minute… I want to see my mom on Sunday, and she lives a couple of hours away. And I still need to get something for Kathy… Guess I’d better go and get my shoes on and find the car keys.

No comments: