Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 6 - Dallas

Went to bed waaaay too late last night and only got a few hours of sleep. PowerPoints always take longer than you think to prepare!

Had a really full day of meetings today. I feel a little bit like I’m drinking from a fire hose, but it’s great to put faces to names and meet new people too. Actually got to meet the top dog in SIL this afternoon. I bet that isn’t going to happen too often!

For lunch we were taken out to a Mexican restaurant. Good food! I could have filled up on the chips and salsa alone.

We were able to rent a car from the SIL Center late this afternoon. It’s nice to have some wheels again, especially here in Texas where long distances are the norm.

For supper, Kathy had an appetite for BBQ and found a place on the Internet for us to go to. Haha, you could smell the wood smoke before you even walked in the door! And inside, it was kind of hazy from the smoke seeping out of the smoke oven doors. Kind of reminded me of fall and winter nights back home when I was growing up. We heated with wood and the main room of the house was often hazy with smoke from opening the woodstove doors now and then to put on another stick or two of fuel.

I’d like to get to bed a little earlier tonight, but have another talk to prepare for tomorrow morning.

No comments: