Monday, April 7, 2008

Our American Journey - Day 1

We finally got on the road today. Kathy was ready by mid-morning. I had just one more e-mail to write, just one more item to arrange, just one more thing to do... you know how it is. Kathy says that every family has someone that's always running behind, and that in ours, it's me. Actually, what I really wanted to do was make sure we missed the morning rush hour traffic through Toronto. Thanks to my delaying tactics, we left home shortly after lunch and had smooth sailing right through that city!

On our way to the Canada-US border, we noticed the snow was really disappearing. It occurred to us that this would probably be the last time we'd see snow for the next several years!

We decided to cross into the US just east of Kingston instead of at Niagara Falls because we thought it would be far less busy there. It certainly was! We were across the border in no time with no problems at all. First stop, Syracuse, NY.

An interesting fellow-traveller...

The line-up at the border (no kidding, there was no one behind us!)

Gas prices in Syracuse. That's less than a dollar per litre! I wish I'd waited to gas up until I'd crossed the border!

No comments: